Governor: 15 Dead After Murder Suspect Flees to Elementary School

Governor: 15 Dead After Murder Suspect Flees to Elementary School


A gunman murdered 19 children and two adults Tuesday at an elementary school in Uvalde, , about 85 miles west of San Antonio.

The revised death toll comes from multiple law enforcement officials.

The suspect was 18-year-old Salvador Romas, a student at Uvalde High School. After shooting his grandmother, Romas crashed a pickup truck outside Robb Elementary School. Although police engaged him in a firefight, officers could not prevent the body armor-wearing teen from entering the building. He then barricaded himself in a classroom and began firing indiscriminately.

A law enforcement official speaking on the condition of anonymity told the Associated Press that a Border Patrol agent rushed into the school and fatally shot Romas. Romas reportedly injured the agent, whose identity and injuries remain unclear.

Sgt. Erick Estrada, of the Texas Department of Public Safety, provided more horrific details in an interview with CNN’s Anderson Cooper.


Texas Gov. Greg Abbott has given an update on the at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas. Abbott confirmed that at least 14 students and one teacher are deceased. The shooter, a murder suspect who opened fire after seeking refuge in the school, is also dead.


As many as 15 people are dead — including several children — after a shooting at an elementary school in Texas. The deranged gunman is included among the fatalities.

The latest casualty figures are according to Gov. Greg Abbott (R).

The shooting occurred earlier this afternoon at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, the seat of Uvalde County, near San Antonio.

ABC News further reports:

Multiple sources told ABC News the suspect is dead.

Uvalde Memorial Hospital has confirmed to ABC News that two children died from presumed gunshot injuries in the incident.

Additionally, 13 students were being treated in the hospital’s emergency department in the wake of the incident, the hospital said. Two patients were transferred to San Antonio for treatment, while a third was pending transfer, the hospital said. A 45-year-old was also hospitalized after getting grazed by a bullet, the hospital said.

University Health in San Antonio said it had two patients from the shooting incident — a child and an adult. The hospital said the adult — a 66-year-old woman — is in critical condition. It did not have an update yet on the condition of the child.

This story is developing. Stay with American Liberty News for the latest updates.

Related Posts

Comments are closed.